Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Last weekend we went up to Portland, my mom and I took Sophie to her first pumpkin patch. It was really neat, you pay to get in then you get a hay ride, you get to pick out your pumpkin from the patch, free hot coco, corn maze, and 2 pumpkin launches. When we got home we carved the pumpkin and put soph inside! First we dressed the little Sophster in her kitty costume
Mom and Sophie in the pumpkin patch
the corn maze was 6 acres and took 45 minutes to do with a map! (us with our free coco)
The coolest thing I've done in a long time was the pumpkin lauching. You put a little pumpkin in a huge slingshot and try to launch it into a barrel 50-75 feet away.
So we took the guts out of the pumpkin then cut two holes out of the back so i could stick my hands in and hold her up. She was thought it was pretty cool at first...
Then she started eating the pumpkin and my hands slipped so she was kneeling in the pumpkin and rightfully decided "this sucks!" (if she develops a pumpkin allergy I guess i'll have to take the blame, anything for a funny picture, right?)

So still looking for a good picture we cut open the back of the pumpkin and let her hang out, she liked this much better!
Here I think she is contemplating if she inherited the insanity of her parents
I love the little toes!

5 comments:

Kayla said...

How cute! That is so fun. You didn't go to Roloff Farm did you? I want to go to Oregon so I can go there.

Jaclyn said...

was it sauvie island? oh man, I miss oregon... my family would go to sauvie island every year to get our pumpkins, and I'm totally homesick this year. :( good job on your nursing test!! and by the way, sophie is so cute! p.s. are you guys headed to oregon for christmas at all?

Chantalle said...

So fun! You look so good! Love the pumpkin. Last Christmas my dad and John stuck Zach in a stocking, but he never made it into a pumpkin! That launcher looks awesome! We need to let Zach go get a pumpkin this year still...wish you were here!

Chantalle said...

And CONGRATS! on passing! That is so great!!

Sarah said...

Hey Ash! Looks like you're having a blast! Sophie is so cute- yeah it doesn't seem like that long ago that we were in the break room at OP talking about when we were going to have kids! Are you still working?